Saturday, February 16, 2008

San Antonio


After 4 months on the coast it seemed kind of sad to leave the dolphins, beaches and fishing behind, but there are too many adventures ahead. So with a promise, and reservations already made, we drove 160 miles to Branig Lake RV park which is 10 miles south of San Antonio.
The drive was very easy, a good highway with not much traffic. I tried to make an easy drive challenging by printing the directions for the state park instead of the RV park so of course I ended up going the wrong way and backing up a long way and driving on a road not meant for rvs......... Anyway it ended ok.
The rv park is ok for a visit, cement pads, full hookups, and cheap. Its an older park, kind of reminds me of Vicksburg's River View Campground.
Today is supposed to e stormy so it's a rest day, before we head for the Alamo and the river walk. I am working on my spanish as there are more spansh channels than english on the free tv. Also more free than on the cable hookup. What's with that? I spent a little time looking up places further down the road, and I am excited with the adventures to come! Clear skies.

No comments: